Friday, November 14, 2008

Mitten Swatch - Beatrice




I thought I would give you all a little break from all the design posts lately, and show you what I'm knitting! YAY! Now bear with me non-knitters!

So I love the idea of designing patterns and sharing them here for free... easier said than done might I add. Last Christmas my Mom (is it weird that everyone I know has a website??) gave me some GORGEOUS wool, almost all of which I have yet to use because its so beautiful the way it is, I honestly can't imagine it any better! I know that defeats the whole purpose of knitting, but lets not go there for now.  Anyways, back on track.  I decided I need some super warm mittens (henceforth called "Beatrice") since I plan to brave out the winter here in Denver. Yes I know its not extreme here, but I am more of a sand and surf gal, and none too excited about the impending freezing-ness. Once again, back on track.  I want something cabled, so I swatched this up. I'm happy with the overall look of the cable, but not sure if I like how chunky it looks. I'm afraid it might be too stiff to wear. I may try again, but with one strand of yarn rather than two at once.

Shaul and I are headed to Estes Park for a conference this weekend, sans Harper, who will be staying with his paternal grandparents. I'm really excited but will miss the honey-facer! More about that on Monday!

No comments: